Skip to main content

What is the best way for my customers to opt out of email campaigns? Where do you house the do-not-mail list? 

Great question! It’s crucial to maintain transparency and respect for customer preferences in email marketing. Ensuring an easy opt-out process is not only ethical but also aligns with legal standards like GDPR and CAN-SPAM.

Here’s how I handle opt-outs: I always include a clear, visible unsubscribe link in the footer of every email. This link leads to a simple, one-click unsubscribe page where customers can opt-out without needing to log in or navigate through multiple steps.

Additionally, periodically reminding subscribers that they can update their preferences can help maintain a clean and engaged list. This practice not only respects customer choices but also improves campaign effectiveness by reducing the likelihood of spam reports.

Hope this helps!

The opt-out editor screen editor is pretty flexible, you can set custom preference options for the types of outreach that a user might want to opt-out of.

I like creating one option that says “discounts and deals” because who would want out of that 😜